Our Article Guidelines
- Please include in-line references when adding sightings or significant information.
- In Sightings, try to quote eyewitness testimony as much as possible. To show that it's a quote, indent and italicize the text.
- Try to include credit for images wherever possible.
- Be objective and non-partisan in descriptions of Sightings and Theories.
- For more detailed guidelines, see style guidelines and code help.
Note on Image Credits
Welcome to the Encyclopedia of Cryptozoology
We are always looking for properly sourced sightings we may have missed!
The Nandi Bear
Bear, giant hyena, giant baboon, or chalicothere?
Does the deepest Amazon harbour a surviving giant ground sloth?
The Queensland Tiger
A dangerous marsupial predator - and the cryptid closest to official recognition
Discover the amphibious "dinosaurs" of the Congo